Saturday, July 23, 2016

Lessons of a Sophomore Year: Part 1



     Recently I finished my sophomore year of high school and I can't help but think of the many lessons I've learned thus far. As a freshman I was certainly aware that I would accumulate a vast amount of knowledge in the next 4 years of adolescence but, you never really know how much you'll learn as you mature. I for instance, have grown a great deal over the past year. My freshman year, was filled with immature and irresponsible decisions. However my sophomore year, while I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm proud of it, I'm not exactly ashamed of it either. Overall high school is just a learning experience.
     There is one thing I will make very clear, I've learned more about myself and more about how people think. Not that I'm an expert on people. And being a teenage girl, I've quickly become an expert at giving advice on most all topics, even if I'm not familiar with it. A weird part of being a teenage girl is that you start to cry, like all the time. And trust me when I say you hate it. Watching a movie, when you get in an argument, if you are not on speaking terms with your s.o. (significant other, a.k.a. boyfriend, girlfriend, etc.), even happy crying like what the hell?!
     All I'm going to say is hormones are mean.
     And I've learned, paying attention to when you're going to start your period is actually a good idea. If you don't, then you're not always prepared at school and you might bleed through your shorts... Like me. I'm lucky my mom works at my high school otherwise, I would've been screwed. Especially wearing khaki shorts (no hiding it). I literally changed into gym clothes. Gym clothes by the way, that had been in my gym locker for almost a semester and hadn't been worn. I finished gym class the semester before and was too lazy clean out my locker. At least that's the excuse I'm going with. Maybe I was saving them for an emergency, like the one I actually had. I'm not sure, all I know is I was lucky that I was lazy.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment